October 5

Stepparent Adoption in New Hampshire: FAQs

Q: My husband would like to adopt my child. My child’s father has never been involved in her life. How do we go about terminating his rights? A: There are two different ways to terminate his rights. One process is known as a surrender and will require his cooperation. The other method permits you to terminate.